Search This Blog

Saturday, September 21, 2013

This rainy day was perfect for making a meaty mushroom sauce!

It's raining....in September! Wow. Unusual for California, but oh so nice! It was refreshing to wake up this morning to a wet sidewalk and the smell of rain in the air. Planned on doing lots of errands, or seeing a movie, or at least making it over to Whole Foods for some groceries. None of those happened. Stayed home all day relaxing, reading, watching tv, just chillin.

Then dinner time arrived.... hmmmm...thankfully I had started to defrost some ground beef earlier this afternoon in case we didn't make it out to a movie and dinner. I truly love going out for a date with my Handsome, but we also love having days spent at home together doing nothing. So, I glanced through my kitchen, saw that I had a touch of Arrabiata sauce leftover, mushrooms, shallot, fresh herbs from my garden (rosemary, oregano & basil), a can of diced tomatoes, and a spaghetti squash.  Score!!! A nice meaty mushroom sauce over Paleo spaghetti (aka spaghetti squash), some leftover green beans, and a lovely glass of Mill Creek, 2009 Zinfandel from Sonoma County - which we picked up the other night at UnWined.

My Saturday evening is now relaxing, and delicious! Maybe a few episodes of "Orange is the New Black"???? Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment