Search This Blog

Friday, September 6, 2013

49 and Feeling Fabulous!

It's always interesting to celebrate my birthday. I love my birthday. I love everyone's birthdays! Love celebrating with family and friends! I really enjoy getting the chance to go out to lunch, or have dinner together, or have some sort of celebratory get together with my friends and family. I am not one who worries or frets about getting older. I'm lucky, I know. With lots of family and friends having milestone birthdays in recent years, I have been able to see how people react to turning a year older. Some seriously don't enjoy it, others embrace it and look forward to the future with gusto, while others seem to get depressed well before the actual birth date. Maybe next year I'll react differently when I turn 50? I doubt it, as 40 and 45 didn't phase me. I truly feel fabulous. I am healthier than I have been in years, and am lucky to still look pretty good for 49!

In honor of the end of my 40's, I decided to challenge myself with a 30 day squat challenge.  Should prove to be an interesting adventure. Day one was easy for me. We shall see how I'm feeling by day 30. I'm curious to see if I can stay dedicated to making the time each day to accomplish this goal. Perhaps it will lead to a push up challenge? Or a crunch challenge? 


Wish me luck! Join me!

11 comments:

  1. 3days down! So far so good. Have been able to do them in one continuous set so far. Not sure how long I'll be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 7 and today I did 80 squats, all one set. Might have lost track while counting and returned back to 60 at least once, and then again on 70. So I know I did more than 80 in total. Ha! By months end it will be difficult to count to 250 without messing up. Oy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turns out I can do 50 squats while my eggs cook - then do the second 50 after I flip them over. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 110 in one long set while watching the last few minutes of Master Chef finale. Awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crack eggs, do 50, flip eggs, do 50, plate eggs, do 30, eat eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 150 today. Whew! Three sets of 50. Doable for sure. Tiring? Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you use weights when doing squats?

    ReplyDelete
  8. 230 done! Rest day tomorrow. Then 240, then 245, then last day of 250. Home stretch!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last day. Just completed 250! Feel great! Maybe a push up challenge next month? Or crunches? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! Great job Tracy! Bet your bum looks fabulous!! ;-)
    Tina K.

    ReplyDelete